Ex db - flameproof enclosure, for gas zones 1 or 2
Ex tb - dust protection by enclosure, for dust areas.
- The sensor is ATEX and/or IECEx certified, it consist of a replaceable Pt100 or TC sensor element specially adapted for Ex db construction (a standard construction element is not fit to be used with Ex db construction), an Ex db grade connection head and possibly a temperature transmitter (types PR5331A, PR5332A, PR5335A, PR5337A, PR5350A, PR5331D, PR332D, PR5335D, PR5337D, PR5350B, PR5437A, 5437D and many other types of transmitters). The enclosure is dust protected (Ex tb).
- The measuring circuit can be cabled to a safe area and to a standard device (no ATEX/IECEx requirements)
- An Ex db product will be delivered with a datasheet including: dimensional drawing, maximum temperature reference, material data and connection data. A datasheet without a signature is not a valid document. A valid, signed document and a declaration of conformity will be delivered along with a approved sensor.
- Lapp Automaatio Oy has been granted a ATEX Quality Assurance Notification (EESF 18 ATEX 052X) as required under EU directive 94/9/EC. The notification, issued by Eurofins Expert Services Oy, gives the right to produce temperature sensors of Ex e and Ex t type and to assemble temperature sensors of Ex d type explosion protection. Please find a copy of the quality certificate below.
- When certified sensor types are needed, we will assemble sensors marked Ex II 2 G Ex db IIC T5/T6 Gb, Ex II 2 D Ex tb IIIC T80/T95°C Db, according to the product certificate EESF 18 ATEX 052X. Please find a copy of the product certificate below.
- Lapp Automaatio Oy's sensor manufacturing operations have been assessed in an IECEx Quality Assessment Report (FI/EESF/QAR18.0004/00) as required by the EN ISO/IEC 80079-34 standard. The auditing organization was Eurofins Expert Services Oy. The report gives the right to manufacture Ex e, Ex tb and Ex db type temperature sensors for use in explosive atmospheres and to apply for IECEx approval for them. Please find the IECEx QAR report below.
- When IECEx product certified sensor types are needed, we will apply for authorization for the existing sensor types or produce new ones. IECEx product certificates are applied for on request.
EESF 18 ATEX Q 006 PRODUCTION QUALITY ASSURANCE NOTIFICATION is a manufacturer's ATEX Quality Assurance Notification, which gives the right to manufacture temperature sensors of Ex e and Ex tb type and to assemble temperature sensors of Ex db type explosion protection.
EESF 18 ATEX 052X EU-TYPE EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE is a general ATEX product certificate for all RTD and TC temperature sensors with Ex db type connection head. Sensors may be equipped with a ceramic connection plate or with a transmitter installed in the connection head. The ATEX certified, Ex db type EPIC® SENSORS temperature sensors are Ex II 2G / 2D -approved, and they can be applied in Ex zones 1, 2, 21 and 22. The ATEX marking of the products is: Ex II 2 G Ex db IIC T6/T5 Gb, Ex II 2 D Ex tb IIIC T80/T95°C Db.
FI/EESF/QAR18.0004/00 is a manufacturer's IECEx Quality Assessment Report, which gives the right to manufacture temperature sensors of Ex e, Ex tb and Ex db type explosion protection and to apply for IECEx approval for them.