Ex db - flameproof enclosure, for gas zones 1 or 2
Ex tb - dust protection by enclosure, for dust areas.
- The ATEX certified, Ex db type EPIC® SENSORS temperature sensors can be applied in Ex zones 1, 2, 21 and 22. The ATEX marking of the products is: Ex II 2G Ex db IIC T6/T5 Gb, Ex II 2D Ex tb IIIC T80/T95°C Db.
- The sensor consist of a replaceable Pt100 or TC sensor element, specially adapted for the Ex db construction (a standard construction element is not fit to be used with the Ex db construction), an Ex db grade connection head and possibly a temperature transmitter (types PR5331A, PR5332A, PR5335A, PR5337A, PR5350A, PR5437A, PR5331D, PR5332D, PR5335D, PR5337D, PR5350B, 5437D and many other types of transmitters). The enclosure is dust protected (Ex tb).
- The measuring circuit can be cabled to a safe area and to a standard device (no ATEX/IECEx requirements)
- An Ex db product will be delivered with a datasheet including: dimensional drawing, maximum temperature reference, material data and connection data. A datasheet without a signature is not a valid document. A valid, signed document and a declaration of conformity will be delivered along with a approved sensor.
- Lapp Automaatio Oy has been granted a ATEX Quality Assurance Notification (EESF 18 ATEX Q 006) as required under EU directive 2014/34/EU. The notification, issued by Eurofins Expert Services Oy, gives the right to produce temperature sensors with the protection concepts Ex d, Ex e, Ex i, Ex m and Ex t, for use in explosive atmospheres. Please find a copy of the quality certificate below.
- When certified sensor types are needed, we will assemble sensors marked Ex II 2G Ex db IIC T6/T5 Gb, Ex II 2D Ex tb IIIC T80/T95°C Db, according to the product certificate EESF 18 ATEX 052X. Please find a copy of the product certificate below.
- Lapp Automaatio Oy's sensor manufacturing operations have been assessed in an IECEx Quality Assessment Report (FI/EESF/QAR18.0004/01) as required by the EN ISO/IEC 80079-34 standard. The auditing organization was Eurofins Expert Services Oy. The report gives the right to manufacture Ex e, Ex t, Ex d, Ex m and Ex i type temperature sensors for use in explosive atmospheres and to apply for IECEx approval for them. Please find a link to the IECEx QAR report below.
- When IECEx product certified sensor types are needed, we will apply for authorization for the existing sensor types or produce new ones. IECEx product certificates are applied for on request.
- Our Ex sensors are also approved for use in Euro Asian Customs Union area (EAC; Russian Federation, Belarus and Kazakhstan), according to the EAC certificate EAEHS_RU_C-FI.AA71.B.00130-19. Please find a copy of the certificate below.
EESF 18 ATEX Q 006 PRODUCTION QUALITY ASSURANCE NOTIFICATION is a manufacturer's ATEX Quality Assurance Notification (QAN), which gives the right to manufacture temperature sensors with the protection concepts Ex d, Ex e, Ex i, Ex m and Ex t, for use in explosive atmospheres.
EESF 18 ATEX 052X EU-TYPE EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE is a general ATEX product certificate for all RTD and TC temperature sensors with Ex db type connection head. Sensors may be equipped with a ceramic connection plate or with a transmitter installed in the connection head.
FI/EESF/QAR18.0004/01 is a manufacturer's IECEx Quality Assessment Report (QAR), which gives the right to manufacture temperature sensors of Ex e, Ex t, Ex d, Ex m and Ex i type explosion protection and to apply for IECEx approval for them.
EAEHS_RU_C-FI.AA71.B.00130-19 is a certificate of our Ex sensors approved for use in Euro Asian Customs Union area (EAC; Russian Federation, Belarus and Kazakhstan).